The Complete Method Stock Swing Trading Course with Cory Mitchell, CMT focuses on 4 patterns that tend to occur in strong stocks right before an explosive move. Learn how to interpret market conditions in a systematic objective way (so you know when to trade and when not to), how to find potentially explosive trades, where to get in and get out, how to fine-tune trade selection, and how to manage risk.
This is a complete method for swing trading stocks. 13 videos and more than 10 hours of content. Ask questions and discuss right below the videos in a private member’s area. All buyers get free access to new Bonus videos that will be added to provide context on the strategies as market conditions change.
If the following apply to you, then The Complete Method Stock Swing Trading Course is for you:
- Interested in trading part-time, full-time, or in your spare time.
- Want to create an additional stream of income.
- Want the flexibility to place trades when time permits, without having to constantly watch the market. (I place my trades in the evening when markets are closed)
- Can spare at least one hour per week to look for trades and place the orders if trades are found.
- Want a few no-BS strategies for capitalizing on stocks just before potentially explosive moves.
- Want to be able to analyze the market and have a method of trading that protects capital when the stock market is dropping (when most people give back all their profits, and more).
The Complete Method Stock Swing Trading Course is a video course produced by me, Cory Mitchell, CMT, a full-time stock and currency trader since 2005 (full bio below).
The course delves into the 4 patterns that tend to occur in a stock before an explosive move. It would be nice if stocks always did the exact same thing before a big move, but they don’t. That’s why we tend to see several different patterns emerge before a big move. That said, you don’t need to learn all patterns or strategies at once. In fact, each of these patterns tends to emerge at different times. For several months you’ll be trading one pattern, and then several months later, another pattern. This gives you time to build your skill in each pattern and strategy.
Stock market trends unfold in phases, so by going through the course you will always be ready for what is coming next.
The Complete Method Stock Swing Trading Course provides detailed descriptions and how-tos for four swing trading strategies. Each strategy is discussed in detail, with multiple examples. Also, you can ask questions directly below the videos if something doesn’t make sense or you want it explained in a different way.
In addition, you’ll learn how to quickly analyze the stock market in an objective way, so that you can tell (before you trade) if the market is healthy or not. This will let you know whether it is a good time to be trading a particular strategy….or trading at all.
Learn how to find the best pockets of the stock market so you are placing trades in stocks while they are still hot (and not cold or running out of steam). Trades within hot stocks are more likely to produce profitable trades than trades in lagging or weak stocks.
I called this the “complete method” swing trading course because you will see how everything works together. Here is the trading process you’ll be trained in:
- Stock market basics, for if you are new to trading stocks.
- Do a brief analysis to determine if conditions are right for trading. This helps avoid giving back profits when overall conditions are poor for buying stocks.
- Scan for stocks that meet the strategy parameters for the market condition we are in.
- The scan also lets us know the health of the market, because if there are lots of opportunities we naturally end up more heavily invested than in there are few opportunities.
- Only trade the dominant strategy for the current market conditions (the one occurring the most). A different pattern occurs when most stocks are turning higher after a big decline compared to when the market has been in a long-term uptrend for many months or years. Our quick analysis tells us what strategy to focus on.
- Each strategy has a “when not to trade section” that also tells us about the health of the market. When our trade candidates start showing red flags we know it is time to back off and save capital.
- Assess the profit and risk outlook of potential trades (profit target and stop loss) in order to make our trade selections.
- Calibrate our position size on each trade, based on the risk of the trade (assessed above), our account size, and personal risk tolerance.
- Place orders in a stock if it meets the strategy parameters.
- Let the trade unfold, either hitting the stop loss or profit target, or using the optional trailing stop loss method also discussed in the course.
This method keeps us in tune with the market. Capitalizing during the good times, but staying out and often having little capital invested when the stock market is turning lower. This is when many people lose all their profits and more. Most of the time the stock market is rising or in a neutral position. That said, there are extended down periods as well. Some optional shorting strategies are provided for traders interested in shorting; shorting is when you profit from declining stock prices.
I publish weekly watchlist lists on TradeThatSwing that provide real-time examples of current strategy trade setups, as well as current market conditions so you know whether you should be trading or not, and which strategy to trade. By seeing how the whole method works, as covered in the course, you will be in a much better position to effectively use those watchlists and create your own.
The Complete Method Stock Swing Trading Course covers the following topics:
- How to Use the Course Effectively
- Stock market basics
- Building a Trading Plan
- Position Sizing
- Tools – Charts, Scanners, and Brokers
- Order Types
- How and Why to Focus on Strong Stocks
- How to Analyze the Stock Market
- 4 Strategies for Different Market Conditions (plus an optional shorting strategy)
- How to Set Profit Targets
- Understanding Reward:Risk (and Win Rate, and how they affect your profits)
- Comparing Trades Using Profit Potential (%) and Reward:Risk
- Trailing Stop Loss (profit target alternative)
- How to Scan for Trades That Meet the Strategy Parameters
- When to Trade Each Pattern (of the 4)
- A Typical Evening of Scanning and Placing Trades (videos showing my nightly routine)
- Monitoring for slight variations in pattern to improve performance
- How and why to track your win rate and reward:risk ratios
- Make this method YOURS
- Printable checklists
I will also be adding bonus videos based on the most common questions.
Your Commitment to the Swing Trading Course
All skills take time to develop. You wouldn’t expect to be a good golfer the first time you hit a ball, would you? Or a good skater the first time you lace up? You wouldn’t get into the octagon with a UFC fighter after taking a couple of boxing classes at your local gym! Trading is the same way. You can easily read about these strategies, but it will take several months of practice to really understand them and start seeing them correctly. Luckily though, just like any other sport or activity, with practice you can become a good trader.
Commit to spending several months making practice trades, taking notes about what you did, and whether the trade actually aligned with the strategies. Jot down what you did good and where you could improve. Note any common mistakes you tend to make, and brainstorm ideas of how to remedy those mistakes.
This course provides you with tools. It is up to you to utilize them effectively, and that takes practice. Commit to spending several months improving your trading by watching the videos (likely several times), going through the outlined trading process, and finding and taking trades. Refer to the videos and chart examples regularly while you are practicing and trading.
How the Stock Market Swing Trading Course is Formatted
The course is broken down into 13 videos, each focusing on critical elements of the trading process.
Purchasing the course gives you immediate access to the Member’s area for that course, where you can ask questions on videos, and stream/watch the videos any time.
Once you have paid for a course, you will immediately be able to access the course via the Member’s Area link on the Main Menu of the site.
Once in the Membership Area / My Account click on “Memberships”. Then you can click on the course, or View, to access the course.
You also receive receipts in your email with a link to the My Account section. You can also use those links to access the course. The Welcome email will also provide your Username. Save that email for future reference.
You will be able to access the course for two years. If you need access after two years from purchase, use the Contact Us page to let us know and we will hook you up with more time at no charge. This is simply to keep our membership list current with people who are using, or have recently used, the membership area/courses.
About the Author, Cory Mitchell, CMT
Cory Mitchell is a Chartered Market Technician (CMT) and has traded professionally, both independently and for trading firms, for more than 16 years.
Cory’s trading journey began in 2005. After completing a business degree Cory was hired by a proprietary trading firm. The job was to trade the firm’s capital with the sole purpose of making money. Pay was based entirely on being able to make money from the markets.
Cory stayed with the highly-competitive firm until 2011 when he moved on to work as a currency trader for a Fortune 500 company. While working with companies helping to manage their currency exposure and dealings was a great career, Cory preferred trading on his own, from home, with no commuting, and setting his own hours. So that’s what Cory does to this day…trade for himself and share his passion for trading.