The following is the weekly review for forex strategies covered in the EURUSD Day Trading Course.
In the video below I look at the patterns that occurred during the week as well as the price action of the day and how that affects our trading decisions.
These strategies can be traded during the London session to the New York lunch hour, but the analysis will be focused on roughly 830 to 1030 am EST.
These strategies are based on a 1-minute chart.
EURUSD Day Trading Strategy Review
Here is the weekly review video. In this video I focus on:
- The EURUSD day trades for the week, and what invalidated other possible setups.
- The reason why price acceleration into an RB low or RT high can cause problems.
- What to do if you see conditions you have haven’t traded before (massive volatility/price moves, or a news announcement that has an ongoing effect).
- Differentiate between psychological trading mistakes and strategy mistakes, so you aren’t wasting time trying to fix the problem with the wrong approach. For psychology mistakes see Tactics for Improving Self-Control and Discipline as those exercises will help reduce many psychological mistakes.
Here are this week’s charts.
EURUSD Day Trading Strategies Results
My forex day trading is going to be more sporadic for the next little while. Instead of posting exact trades, I will simply highlight the patterns on the chart. This way, you can fine-tune your own entries based on your own past trades. See the patterns and figure out the best way for you to trade them.
Study the course for the basic entries, and then you can always improve on those entries based on your weekly and monthly review of your trades.
Here are the charts and trades for the last 13 months.
- January 2021: +63R potential
- February 2021: +78R potential
- March 2021: +76R potential
- April 2021: +76R potential
- May 2021: +94R potential
- June 2021: +91R potential
- July 2021: +67R potential
- August 2021: +38R potential
- September 2021: +51R potential
- October 2021: +46R potential
- November 2021: +48R potential
- December 2021: +53R potential
- January 2022: +39R potential
“R” in trading is a standardized risk amount. It could be 1% of the account, 0.5% of the account, or any amount you choose based on your position sizing method.
In other words, if risking 1% of the account per trade, 45R means a 45% profit. If risking 0.5% per trade, it means a 22.5% profit.
Want to learn how to trade like this? Check out the EURUSD Day Trading Course. It covers strategies for crushing the EURUSD in two hours or less, as well as mental game work and exercises to get in the profit-making zone and stay there.
By Cory Mitchell, CMT
Disclaimer: Nothing in this article is personal investment advice, or advice to buy or sell anything. Trading is risky and can result in substantial losses, even more than deposited if using leverage.